News, Events and Vacancies for our Community.
Working in partnership with Liverpool Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and funded by Macmillan Cancer Support this project aims to revolutionise the care provided to people living with a cancer diagnosis and their carers in the Liverpool area.
The project will connect patients with community based support that will complement the care provided by clinicians. The aim of the project is to help patients to identify and address any needs that may be impacting on health and wellbeing. Moreover, the project will help patients to rediscover and reconnect with their strengths and talents to help make friendships, learn new skills, build confidence and get the best out of life.
We’re looking for a talented Sustainability Manager to join our organisation and help us to bring about this extraordinary opportunity working with the Liverpool community. If you are a positive, energised and entrepreneurially minded person then we want you to apply today.read more
We’re looking for a passionate and empathic individual with qualifications and/or experience in youth and/or community-led work to play a crucial role in the delivery of a Children in Need three year funded project that will support children and young people to improve their mental health and wellbeing.
•Building young people’s emotional health & resilience.
• To support children and young people to co-design and delivery a range of creative and educational projects using asset based community approaches.
• To support children and young people to hold community resilience events to showcase their talents, skills and experience. Building young people’s life skills and promoting self-efficacy
• Deliver a rolling programme of psycheducation and social inclusion programmes designed to reduce symptoms of mental illness and promote wellbeing to young people across Halton.
• To train young people to co-deliver life skill courses to other young people.
•Developing young people’s transferable skills
• To recruit, induct, train and support young people as peer mentors to support the delivery of the project.
• To deliver a community navigation service which entails developing personalised wellbeing plans with children and young people and connecting them to a raft of community based support to help them get their needs met.
Supporting project delivery
• To liaise with a broad array of stakeholders from the statutory, community and VCSE sector in Halton and to form partnerships that support the delivery of the project.
• To ensure the collation of all monitoring and evaluation data to demonstrate to funders the impact of health and wellbeing activities using a range of validated qualitative and quantitative methods.
• To assist with the monitoring and reporting of progress against key milestones and targets specified in plans.
• To assist with the monitoring of expenditure and to work within specified budgets to achieve key targets.
• To act as a Wellbeing Champion and to use all available opportunities to promote health and wellbeing principles across a broad array of sectors.
• Display a commitment to equality of opportunity and to develop an in depth knowledge of the way in which broader determinants impact upon the health and wellbeing of local communities.
• To undertake all training related to Child Protection and Safeguarding and commit to abiding by all Wellbeing Enterprises CIC policies and procedures to protect the welfare of young people and volunteers.
• Uphold Wellbeing Enterprise’s CIC’s core values: People, Place, Productivity and Partnerships.
Closing date is Wednesday 11th July at 5PMread more
The Swanside Councillors were both active and innovative in developing ways to improve their community and its sustainability.
They had over 30 volunteers on the day. A fantastic collaboration between Private, Public and Third Sector Organisations.read more
Swanside Councillors, Chris Bannon, Colin Dever and Graham Morgan, have engaged St. Barts Church and Roby Hub Community Centre in identifying what needs maintaining and improving.read more
Sight and Mind CIC provide bespoke support for people living with dementia and sensory impairment.
Sight and Mind CIC now require volunteers to act as Business Support Assistants. If you have good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook then this could be the opportunity for you.read more
The PH Holt Foundation, (incorporating the Holt Education Trust) is an independent grant-maker working to create a better future for the people of Merseyside. They provide grants to small and medium-sized charities that seek to change lives, whether...read more
Do you know of an excellent eatery, a brilliant boss, or a cool cultural hot-spot that deserves some recognition? Entries are now open for the 6th Merseyside Independent Business Awards, presented by Moorcrofts Solicitors. There are 16 different awards up for grabs,...read more
The CELLS project works with children and young people, to help them develop an understanding of the significance of anti-social behaviour and crime, so they can make and informed choice about their own life paths. They are currently looking for three volunteers to...read more
Come along to Court Hay Park on Wednesday 23rd May and find out about the support on offer to
those living with dementia, their families and carers.
The Co-op Foundation are looking for nine new partners in England, to help them tackle youth loneliness through social action. This is an opportunity for organisations in the Knowsley area working with young people aged 10-20 to apply for funding from the Co-op...read more
Providing leadership enabling the Sector to be a strong and equal partner, shaping Knowsley the Place with People at its heart.
We are passionate about the growth of the Social Economy in Knowsley.
If you’re looking for information about local services or activities the Live Well Directory, is a great place to start your search. Explore options for care and support or find social activities and clubs.
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or create an account