What is the focus of the fund: The Fred Curran Trust aims to improve the lives of people with disabilities in Knowsley. It wishes to fund projects delivered by charities, community groups and social enterprises that offer sporting opportunities to improve skills and help beneficiaries to become more active.
Key fund criteria:
- Beneficiaries must be from Knowsley
- Projects must be sport related
- This fund is specifically to support people who are either suffering with mental ill health or have a physical disability.
How much is available: Grants of up to £1,000
Closing date: Friday 5th October 2018
Documents which need to be included with your application
- A copy of the group’s rules or constitution
- A copy of the group’s latest annual accounts or income/expenditure document
- A copy of a recent bank statement for your group
- A copy of the group’s current Safeguarding Policy. All applicants must ensure that they hold relevant policies and procedures in place to undertake activities, such as Criminal Records Bureau checks and/or a health and safety policy, depending on proposed activity. If unsure about what you need please contact the Community Foundation for help (details below)
NB: If you have received a grant from us in the last 12 months and have already submitted copies of the above documents, you do not need to send them in again. However, a bank statement is required with every application.
The following items cannot be supported via the fund:
- Statutory organisations or work that is their responsibility
- National organisations that cannot demonstrate local governance/autonomy
- Commercial ventures
- Purchase/maintenance of vehicles
- Activities that will have already taken place before we offer you a grant
- Politically connected or exclusively religious activities
- Projects for personal profit
- Groups comprising just one family
- Debts and other liabilities
- Reclaimable VAT
- Travel outside UK
- Gifts or projects exclusively for the purpose of entertaining
What happens next?
Completed applications are considered by Community Foundation staff to check eligibility. You may be contacted for more information after applying and a decision making panel will make recommendations based on the fund’s criteria and the budget available.
You should expect to hear the outcome of your application approx. 6 weeks after the closing date.
Click here to apply https://ukcf.secure.force.com/forms/cflm/KnowsleyFoundationFredCurranTrust