Grants of up to £25,000 available through the Justice and Equality Fund’s ‘Now’s the Time’ small grants programme.
Now’s the Time is the second programme from the Justice and Equality Fund managed by Rosa. The programme aims to amplify the voices of individuals and groups who are calling for an end to sexual harassment and abuse, in their workplaces and in their communities.
The Justice and Equality Fund aims to bring an end to the culture of harassment, abuse and impunity by resourcing an expert network of advice, support and advocacy organisations and projects. Inspired by the phenomenal campaigners of #metoo, TIME’s UP, Ni Nunca Mas, the #lifeinleggings movements and others, a group of UK-based women from the entertainment industry have come together to challenge the culture that permits people in positions of power to sexually harass and abuse others.
We want to resource imaginative, collaborative and creative grassroots activism so we are asking organisations to apply by answering the question: What would you do towards ending sexual harassment (in work places and in communities)? We want to fund:
• Prevention work
• Awareness raising activities
• Imaginative and creative grassroots activism
• Influencing work
• Work with groups and communities who might face additional barriers to getting their voices heard, or might be at higher risk of sexual harassment and abuse to amplify those voices
• Work that tries out new ideas
• Work that replicates tried and tested approaches in new settings
• Work that others can learn from
We are particularly keen to see cross-sector partnerships where the expertise of specialist voluntary sector organisations at the forefront of this work is shared with others to help drive broader change.
How to apply
It is important that you read our programme guidance and application guidance as both go into further detail about the criteria for applying along with the aims and deadlines for the programme.
We will be hosting a series of ‘How to Apply’ webinars which will introduce you to the Justice and Equality Fund and take you through the fund’s Now’s the Time (small grants) programme, offering guidance on making an application. Please register to attend by clicking on your preferred date:
• Monday 20th August: 2pm – 3pm
• Wednesday 12th September: 10.30am – 11.30am
• Thursday 13th September: 8.30pm – 9.30pm (late session)
You must then complete a short online application form and submit a three minute video answering the following questions :
• What does your organisation do?
• What does your organisation want to do, where and when?
• How will this contribute to ending sexual harassment?
• What difference will it make and why are you the best organisation to make it happen?
• How will you spend your grant?
Closing date: Friday 28th September at 5pm.
When will you hear the outcome: Early December 2018.
You help decide: We are going to use a process called participatory grantmaking to decide who is awarded funding. Your video will be shared with other applicants who will rank your application according to the clarity and credibility of your plans. You can therefore expect to hear from us during October-November 2018 asking you and your group to look at some of the other videos we have received and voting for the ideas you like the best.